Monday, October 6, 2008

Raya! Raya! Raya! - 2nd Day

It was an eventful day. Pakngah and son, Che U and kids, Pakcik N and family and my eldest sis and family had arrived. We were to start our journey to Kedah. Pakcik and family went first. The rest went to Dato' H's open house. He is sort of my secondary boss. I respect him but we are not really bonded to each other. It was merely a business relationship. Next stop was YB N's open house. She is a good friend of mine. We have known each other for about 8 years. Although we are both of the same age, she is much wiser and more mature than me. That's the advantage of studying and living abroad for few years! All my uncles, aunts and cousins like to go to YB N's house. Apart from fantastic food, she is always warm with all her guests. I met more of our friends there and of course being girls, we gossipped a little bit! hehe..


Then we headed home to pack our bags. Our convoy started aroung 3pm. I drove all the way to Alor Star! I love driving, but I always miss the scenery along the way :-(. We reached my uncle's house about 6.30pm. There were about 12 families gathered for this auspicuos event. Because of the number, my uncle had to rent 2 units of homestay. It was actually a 3-in-1 gathering. One was to celebrate the eid mubarak. Two was to welcome a new member to the family - a cousin of ours got married recently. Three was to welcome back our cousin sister who had finished her medical degree in moscow. That night we had a simple, nice but noisy dinner. It was good to be with everybody again. I missed my cousins sooooo much and I intended to have lots of fun with them. Eventhough before this I dreaded myself to go to Kedah, at that momet I knew I wouldn't regret spending my raya holiday in Kedah... ;-)

1 comment:

MZ said...

semekom there. just notice ur comment in my blog. sory :D
anyway ... happy raya.