Thursday, December 4, 2008

my dorothy


She's black, 30 something and a brilliant writer. I 'bumped' into her about a year ago at MPH. I was looking for some books to accompany me during my holidays in Gold Coast, then I 'saw' her.. on the rack looking rather sheepish.. Proud to be there, knew she was good but a bit afraid.. After all she was surrounded by hundreds of authors, some have made their fame when she was still a toddler. Yet there she was, gathering her courage, knowing it won't be long till people all over the world (err.. in this case, M'sia) talk about her and her excellent work.

I picked it up. The novel. The Cupid Effect. Read the blurb on the back cover. Found it interesting and intriguing. Just perfect as my trip-mate. I laughed, I cried, I felt her. The character sounded and felt familiar.. Just like the girl next door.. no no.. actually, just like me! I knew it there and then that Dorothy Koomson would be my favourite author. She is now officially my favourite author. ;D

I then keep track of Dorothy's career. Occasionally visit her website at www.dorothykoomson.co.uk . Bought her other books 'My Bestfriend's Girl', 'The Chocolate Run', Marshmallows For Breakfast' and just yesterday I bought her latest, 'Goodnight. Beautiful'. Haven't started reading it yet. Am keeping it for the Raya Haji's break. She's a great company especially during the holidays! I am soooo glad I found her! ;D

No comments: