Monday, December 22, 2008

tak cool ke?

I watch Malay movies. I watch Malay dramas. I listen to Malay songs. Tak cool ke kalau I associate myself dgn malay stuff?

I hung out with this girl the other day. It wasn't the first time we hung out together eventhough we don't do it often enough. Anyway, this friend of mine had gone to the US a few times. so, bila cakap pun ada accent sana la skit... tapi, lantak dia la kan... Eventhough my pronunciation is very malaysian, everybody in this country still understands me kan? Lainlah kalau I tinggal kat NZ ke, jadi warga Uncle Sam ke, jadi ozzie ke...

Anyway, sometimes I ajak dia tengok wayang.. Syarat dia, bukan cerita melayu. Kekadang bila sembang pasal some malay dramas kat TV, dia mmg tak tau pape coz dia tak tengok. I dont think she has any liking on the malay singers or actors jugak... The thing is, SHE IS A MALAY!!! Ok, fine.. Memang la tak sume citer melayu bagus kan? I mean pilihlah yg berkualiti sikit like Yasmin Ahmad's and Kabir Baktiar's. Kerja diorang memang indisputably superb and beautiful. In fact there are more talented young directors blooming nowadays. Surprisingly, I enjoyed 'Selamat Pagi Cinta' more than 'The Day The Earth Stood Still' (Harap muka Keanu Reeves je hensem! Hampeih!). And there are also some Malay dramas yang very moving like 'Pondok Buruk' and others that I can't recall the titles. There are heaps of funny ones too like 'Sinderella', 'Rona Roni Makaroni'. Eventhough they are not that excellent, they are entertaining enough for you to remain glued on the screen.

Oh, and I just love Anuar Zain's songs, am mystified by Meet Uncle Hussein, spellbounded by M. Nasir and I really enjoy listening to Aizat, Estranged and Siti Nurhaliza. I believe they are all marvellous! Well, at least to my ears..!

To me... kalau Melayu tak sokong Melayu, sape lagi? Kita punyalah mengagung-agungkan product barat, diorang kenal kita pun tidak, apa lagi nak beli cd penyanyi kita or tengok wayang cerita kita. Tak mungkin...

So, Melayu kenalah sokong Melayu kan? Malaysians kenalah sokong Malaysians kan?

Apa, tak cool ke?

2 comments:

Rya M said...

ahah! i know these species, those who studied in local Uni, tapi accent ngalahkan mat saleh, those who asal dari tersangat la kampung nye, but never mengaku ......, sometimes nak pronounce some words pun berbelit belit lidah!

owhhh pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! these people sometimes just needs to be reminded of their asal and usul...... so not cool!

Oren said...

Angel, hehe.. u got it right babe! can't agree more!
mmg pasrah je dgn species ni!