Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Hmmm.....

I had just finished photostatting some documents when the clerk came to me and told me that My Lady Boss wanted to see me. 'Okay', I said... Oh God, what now? We already had a short meeting about 2 hours ago discussing on a company that needed our help on a project. Since it didn't benefit any of us, we decided to turn them down. So, what else now? Hmm...
Still I put on a big smile while entering her office. She is a petite woman with gigantic spirit. She is committed to her work but never fails to be a fun boss. So far, she is the best boss I've ever had - warm, approachable, rational and... FUN!
Me : Knock! Knock! Mrs...... Morning. You wanted to see me?
LB : Oh yes, Oren. Morning. Come in. So tell me how was the course in Putrajaya?
Me : Oh, it was ok. They explained about... bla..bla..bla...
LB : Oh, ok. You know what? The government is allocating some money for...bla..bla..bla..
Me : I'll see what can be done. We should try to get the allocation. We need the money right?
LB : We don't mind money. (smiling)
Me : Absolutely (smiling). Is that all?
LB : (Took something under the file) This is for you.
Me : Angpau! Oh, Mrs..... Thank you! (grinning ear to ear). My first angpau for this year!
LB : So, Oren, will I hear wedding bells soon? (smiling mischievously)
Oh gosh, if only she knew what happened to me recently.
Me : Well, I'm also hoping for the wedding bells to ring, the sooner the better!
We both burst out laughing
LB : I wonder lah... I mean... I don't undestand why... You are... (Looking at me wonderingly. I could see the question 'HOW COME?' was vividly written on here forehead)
Me : I wonder about it myself! I also don't understand!
Again, laughter filled up the room.
I then politely thanked her for her generousity and left. I knew I was the only one who got an angpau from her. If my other single collegues found out about it, that's it! So, I had to keep it to myself.
And I knew what she meant when she wondered and did not understand. She believed people like me should have tied a knot. She liked me. My collegues enjoyed me. My students adored me. So, how come there wasn't any guy liking me for the same reasons and making me their bride? I don't have the answer really.... I'm baffled myself... To make it worse, some guy just broke my heart! Hmmm......

4 comments:

Rya M said...

the time will come ...... trust me, and what God planned for you is always the best ;)

i wanna be your boss, you are SO polite!!!

Oren said...

Angel... thanx ;D
hehe.. it is not that I am sooooo desperate.. but when people keep on asking 'when?', ish, fenin! fenin! hahahaha..

Me? Polite? hahaha... boleh lah...
hahaha...

Rya M said...

that 'when' wont stop there, once you got hitched, there will be another series of 'when' ...... ;)

Oren said...

yelah Angel.. i guess it is one of the most abused words! ;D