Tuesday, April 14, 2009

it's about time...

It was a bit tense at work this morning.. Well at least for me and another 2 of my colleagues. It started when I was told that I had to do this one task. I refused to do it because I had enough on my plate already. plus, I had done my part last month and now it was supposed to be done by another colleague. And what made me angrier was that I was the last to know about it because the person in charge forgot to hand me the memo.
So I went to confront this person who we call 'Hell' (a short form of her name). Told her the task was wrongly given to me and that had I was tied with another task. Told her that MK should be doing it not me. She then said if that was the case, then I had to tell MK myself for she didn't dare to order M because she would go beserk. What???
"You are the one in charge, you should tell her, not me! And why didn't I get this memo?"
"Sorry, I forgot to give it to you. You were attending another meeting so I only gave to those who came to our meeting" (for god's sake my meeting was just next door to hers!)
"If I were to get this earlier I would have gone beserk before M and today wouldn't happen!"
Hell went quiet. MK was on leave today. Another colleague, CML, came. She was appointed to carry out the task too. Both of us had to do it. The thing is I did it ON MY OWN last month. It should be MK and CML's baby this time around. And what's worse, CML's part only consisted 30% of the task and I had to do the rest!!!
"Hei, I know I'm being difficult. I'm sorry for being difficult. But this is the first time I'm being difficult. It IS about time I'm being difficult! It is just not fair! And I still have another thing that I have to do!" I could still control my voice. My voice rose a bit but hadn't gone to yelling yet. Everybody was looking at us now. It is true! everybody in that room including Hell knew that this was the first time I refused to do anything. Before, I would just accept anything being handed to me. I grumbled sometimes but I would still do it.
"Look, I have made my point. You are in charge so you figure out how to do this. I still wont do it." Then I walked away.
I was just about ten steps away when Hell called. Together with CML, she ran after me. Seems that CML volunteered to do the bigger part, so now I only had to do the smaller part. Gosh, Hell is a nitwit. It is not about who does what, I just don't want to do it!
"Please agree with this. I cannot ask MK to do it. She wouldn't compromise. She would scream if I asked her to do it" Apa punya ketua dia ni, takut nak bagi arahan?
"And you think I would compromise? I want to scream too!" I tried to walk away again. But CML stopped me and tried to talk me into in. Hell left assuming that CML would be able to reason with me. I didn't want to argue anymore. I just told CML that I would think about it.
Aaarrgggghhhhh.. .geramnya!!! Just because I am not as fierce as MK, I can be bullied? helllooooo!!!!! I won't let anybody to take advantage on me! No way! I will continue being difficult! :P

3 comments:

Rya M said...

dont let urself be pushed around, but stand up professionally, decline politely with justifications - dont ever get emotinal and be a cry baby ok ......

Oren said...

we had a meeting this afternoon and i raised up the issue. remembering ur advice, i tried my very best to be profesional. some of my collegues supported me on this. i asked for a better planning in the future and the delegation of work must be fair to all. Hell apologised but i STILL have to do it! however my beautiful colleagues volunteered to help me with it. better than nothing huh? thanx angel! ;D

Rya M said...

well, at least,you stated your case, eventhough you have to do it, now you'd have ppl assisting, and Hell knows that he/she needs to brush up the delegating part!

while you are at it, eventhough you have done it, bank in on the experience will ya?;P